17 Aug 2021
Tax Free shopping in the UAE
How to shop Tax Free in the UAE
1. Request a VAT refund claim and present the travel document used to enter the UAE
2. The retailer will enter your information into our digital Tax-Free system to issue a VAT refund claim
3. The retailer will place a Tax-Free tag on the back of the original sales receipt. Make sure that the name on the sales receipt matches the name on your travel document used to enter the UAE
4. You must validate your claim at the Validation Point when leaving the UAE.
How much will you get back?
You will receive 85% of the total VAT amount paid, minus a fee of 4.80 dirhams per Tax Free tag
How to Validate your goods
1. Go to Planet's Validation Point prior to checking in your luggage and approaching the Immigration counters
2. To be eligible for a VAT Refund you must have the original receipt (with Tax Free tag affixed to it), and present the purchased goods to the validation staff.
3. Once validated, please choose a refund method (Cash, Card or WeChat Pay)
4. Planet processes your refund
If you do not leave the UAE within 6 hours of your validation process being complete, your refund will be cancelled and you will have to restart the validation process.
How easy is it?
1. The fully digital process allows the Tax-Free tag to be issued in as little as two minutes.
2. Minimum spend of AED 250
3. All fees are included and calculated at the point of sale and validation points
- Card Refunds
- Cash Refunds
A cash refund is subject to a maximum of AED 7,000 .If your refund amount exceeds AED 7,000/-, your refund must be paid to a credit or debit card.